Skip to main content

A bit of the Christian world...

Whoosap people.......

If you read my blog's description, then you understand that God forms all of me, not a better part of me. My perspective of life has greatly been shaped by Him. Well, now that you understand that, let's dive just a bit into the Christian world, on something that worries me. 
And in case you are not a Christian and you are asking how this will build you, maybe it won't ( for most of you, it will) but it will open your eyes to something interesting.

The world is evolving. It's changing at a very rapid speed. But in my observation, the Christian world never really changes. Look closely, and you will see trends as old as Jesus' time and far before. We still have the Pharisees and the Jesuses even today. We still have the Saul's that cling to the anointing and forget the giver of the anointing, and right there we have the David's that are after God's own heart - they know that the anointing is on them and they don't have to chase it. It's hard to know you will be king and still remain a servant. It takes an understanding that even kings are servants. This is true humility - a rare virtue in our world. We still have the Marthas (Luke 10:38-42) that are lost in service and forget that there is a "feet" to sit under, listen and drink from Jesus; and there are the Marys at Jesus' feet.

Today, like before, we still have Christians who are consumed with proving that their theology is right and all the others are wrong; and we have those to whom theology doesn't really matter - they are chasing after God's own heart.

In the end, the battle remains: the spirit versus the flesh and they're always antagonizing. And the enemy has made it even harder; that the flesh no longer looks like sin as we think of it. It's not as we have always fought it. It's no longer the sin we so devotedly fight against; it's the service, getting used and clinging to the anointing, the ambition to be called greater in the Kingdom, the zeal to follow every law. Many have forgotten that there is a God to chase, a God to build a relationship with, a God to make friends with. Does that sound like the "flesh" for you?......yeah I thought so. 

Well, that's the Christian world and it's always been like that. But those that live by the Spirit, see, know and understand better. 

#Galatians 5:17 
#Romans 8: 14
#1 Corinthians 10:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting again, when you don't trust no one.

I would like to write today about trust. Now, this can be a very sensitive area because many have wounds that haven’t healed and maybe this gets the wounds fresh. But you know what? Most times, wounds have to be cleaned up to heal well and that process is not so enjoyable but is worth it. Let us begin with defining what trust is (Please do not feel like you are seated in a lecture hall๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) The oxford dictionary defines trust as the firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something. I love Merriam Webster, it adds character into the definition; assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. Look at these definitions. Trust is a strong thing. No wonder relationships cannot stand without it. Now, bringing relationships into the picture gives us a good beginning – of course knowing that the fabric of a relationship is in trust. You remove trust and there’s no relationship. If there is, it’s definitely either very superfi...

Tells of the best of Women

  Our very first Date I have known this woman for the past 7 years, I have dated her for the past two years and I have been married to her for the past one year, four months and thirteen day, ( don't be fooled, I sort the help of a calculator and minutes of thinking) If you would like to meet an incredible woman, you should absolutely meet her. If you want to meet a smart and beautiful woman, you need to meet my wife. If you want to meet a flawed woman, damn right, you should look for her. If you want to meet a loyal and loving woman, my Eve should be your next meet. Every additional year she gets becomes first a gracious gift to me then to her. Don't get me wrong, it's just that she takes care of me more than she takes care of herself. This is her second birthday we are celebrating in Kilifi. The first was just a week after we had moved here from Nairobi. We just had a small "Fayaz" cake (I didn't even put a sad face, it was a terrible cake) with our very ...

Me as an errands boy but managing director.

Hi there. My name is Andrew Sikudhani, I run a small business in Kilifi and I have an interesting story that I would love to share. And because the internet doesn't forget ( unless forced to๐Ÿ˜€) I would like to remember this a few years to come. Let me first tell you about my business( I have to, I mean...๐Ÿคท‍♂️) Okay, just follow me. So, if you have realized, I know you have...on my LinkedIn profile, I am the managing director of Merime Solutions. Now, I am not diverting. What do we do? First, our heart is to micro and small enterprises. We would love to see them have simple but crucial solutions that they need in order to thrive. So, we provide basic solutions like Website design, redesign and development, Website maintenance, Domain name registration, Web hosting, Email creation and configuration Development of systems, Selling of third party systems (POS, hotel management) Software installation and configuration Business Training Accounting services Payroll services  and We...