Skip to main content

We can still be grateful...."Irregardless"

Whoa!!!! I just used a "Uhuru" word right there. I mean, I know it's an English word - of course, unstandard. President Kenyatta uses it a lot...irregardless; someone say hi to the president. Alright, peeps, that's beside the point. I wanna talk about something else - something like, we can still be grateful even now.

Who isn't scared by how uncertain everything is? How you have no idea how tomorrow will look like, whether you will be healthy or not or even alive. Now, that's really scary. It feels like the entire globe is on some sort of break; things are not moving, it's not business as usual. Well, it's such a time that I would like to remind us about being grateful. Of course, it doesn't make sense. Hey, aah, I know that already. Just hear me out. 

Sometimes, I get these urges to just kneel down and pray and many of those times I don't even know what I should pray about. So, today, sometimes happened and as I knelt down, I started thanking God in an unusual way that surprised me. I am healthy; that means every organ in me is working just as it's designed to. My heart, liver, kidneys, blood vessels, my brain, my sensory organs...add all the body parts: all working perfectly well. Sounds strange, right? That I can thank God for how perfect my body organs are working. I see that as you - strange. But, think for a moment, how many times do we take that for granted? It's normal to wake up and be okay, right? No, it's not. Look, that's exactly my point, that regardless of how terrible the times are, you still have a reason to be grateful.

You have the basic things that you need and probably a little more. That is enough to be grateful for. That you are healthy and not dead (I know how that sounds) is a reason to be grateful. Then I went further to think that, well if I am here, now, God still wants something with me. He has a reason for why you are here. I am just helping you to clutch the smallest of reasons to find meaning. If you are like me that believes in a grander plan then you know it's not over and as hopeless as the situation looks, dig a little deeper and you will find a reason to be grateful.

We all don't understand why what is happening is happening but we can remain hopeful that tomorrow awaits and that God will take care of it - because He holds it. We can begin with being grateful that we are and we have all we have, as little as it is; as much as it is; as troubled as we are; as scary as it can get; as uncertain as tomorrow always is, we can be grateful. When we are grateful, we build contentment and contentment builds peace. When we find peace in living today, regardless of how it is, then we can build hope to see tomorrow. And leaving tomorrow to the owner, the peace we have, we can live today to the fullest. 

I am grateful. Be grateful

Comments

  1. "When we are grateful we build contentment and contentment builds peace'. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That ministers to me personally in a great way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tells of the best of Women

  Our very first Date I have known this woman for the past 7 years, I have dated her for the past two years and I have been married to her for the past one year, four months and thirteen day, ( don't be fooled, I sort the help of a calculator and minutes of thinking) If you would like to meet an incredible woman, you should absolutely meet her. If you want to meet a smart and beautiful woman, you need to meet my wife. If you want to meet a flawed woman, damn right, you should look for her. If you want to meet a loyal and loving woman, my Eve should be your next meet. Every additional year she gets becomes first a gracious gift to me then to her. Don't get me wrong, it's just that she takes care of me more than she takes care of herself. This is her second birthday we are celebrating in Kilifi. The first was just a week after we had moved here from Nairobi. We just had a small "Fayaz" cake (I didn't even put a sad face, it was a terrible cake) with our very

The Rogue man!

  Rogue is definitely the right word to use here. First, because this story should have been written six months ago. Today is right to write¹ nevertheless, the "rogueness'"  (You know what? I can be sorry to English later) continued. I think I am just rogue. Absolutely abnormal in my own terms. Today, we got back from the church as usual. My man started the disturbance spree right from church. He didn't wanna sleep, murmurs, screams, squishes, joyful and sad sounds. That's B for you when he wants. He slept for a bit but woke up once we got to the house. My week was long. I traveled to Nairobi on Wednesday and didn't sleep or rest. Went for an event on Thursday and traveled back that same evening. I got to Mtwapa on Friday, rested for a few hours, and went to Kilifi. Merime ( www.merimespace.co.ke ) needed me. It's been a week! I am still tired by the way and all I wanted after church was to sleep. It's not that obvious or easy these days. The Man B is

Story za Ulezi

  I honestly struggled to get here and start typing. What is this dopamine that comes with scrolling? Is it the right or left brain whatever that produces it? I need to meet it and rebuke it in the name of Jesus! Weuh! Stealer of time! Crusher of writing dreams! Postponer of sleep. Shindwe kabisa (should be defeated completely)... Well, you know I had to mention why I got late to write. Scrolling! Puh!  Today was pretty interesting. I was reminded of a few years back when I was angry at an absent and passive father. Contexts can be long so I won't give it. My colleagues and I discussed something very interesting over lunch. It started with my colleague revealing that she was writing a paper on the effects of parenting styles on teens. I jumped to ask her to include youth and adults. Well, we all know how the parenting we received messed some of us up - big time.  I thought I had gone through hell. I think hers was a hell of 7 times more than the fire Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego