Skip to main content

It's okay to feel lost

Good people!! Whooosaaaap!

 So, today I want to talk about something that I am convinced a lot of you are going through or have gone through it at some point.  Especially the young generation, like me. This is something I am going through now and have gone through lots of times in the past.  

But first, let us do a quick rick up and then build upon it. In my last post, I wrote about being grateful for where we are and what we have. Living in the here and now in contentment and thankfulness. This post is sort of closely related to that and maybe a buildup. So, let us get right into it…….

 Have you ever sat down and thought, "men, what am I doing with my life?” … “I need something better to do.” … “I am longing for something significant.” ... “What does tomorrow hold for me?” … “What will it be like tomorrow?” “I have waited too long to have a job.” … “Will I ever have a job?” … “Do I even know where I am going?” …that lostness (if there is a word like that) that anxiety, that uncertainty, not knowing where you are going or why you even exist, that need to do more, the need to be more. The need to be sure of tomorrow. I am sure someone relates.

Well, friend, this is not uncommon. And you are not alone. We all go through this sometimes or even most times. And it is okay. It is okay to feel lost. It is okay to not know what tomorrow holds or how it will be like. It is okay to long for more and long to do more. It is okay to seek significance and satisfaction. It is Okay.

I was reading a devotional from the YouVersion Bible app and some statement hit me hard. That there is a reason God doesn't unfold the whole future for us. We only know in bits and not the full picture. Imagine if you knew all the bumps, all the challenges, the risks, the struggles; I swear I would faint or even die or worse, lose the will to live. If I knew beforehand the things I have faced in the past, I don’t think I would have been willing to go through them. We live life one day at a time, and I think it is best to live that way – one day at a time and not know what tomorrow will be like. Reminds me of the famous old song, "one day at a time sweet Jesus "

Look, I am not writing because I have answers or know how to deal with this. I just hope to encourage you to live on, encourage you to know that it is okay and there is nothing wrong with you. And maybe suggest one or two things that could help when this season comes or if you are in it, help you sail through.

Have you heard of the phrase, "leave the past where it belongs?" They say the past is in the past. That we leave it in the past. Well, I agree, but, sometimes, the past serves us well to remember the things we have gone through and still overcame and made it here. The past can remind us that we are stronger than we think, and we can face absolutely anything. The past can remind us of how faithful God has been in the past and well, He's not about to change. 

Sit down and start thinking about all the things you have gone through; the frustrations, the health complications, the betrayals, the failures, all those bumps and hills; all those valleys and shadows. Who would have known that you were gonna make it through? But look at you now. You’re here. I believe that is reason enough to hold on knowing that even this will come to pass.

I love sharing my life......

I am leaving my job in three months’ time and getting married in a months’ time and I will tell you; I am scared about what will happen when I can't expect a salary at the end of the month. The financial responsibilities I have. 🙆🙆🙆️What am I gonna do? But I look behind; I look into the past and how faithful God has been. I look at the things I have been able to overcome. The times I worried like this and God came through for me. And, sighing… I get encouraged and my faith builds up that I can still face tomorrow. That yes, I don't know what is gonna happen, I am not sure I will have a job or not. I am not sure how things will turn out...but I trust that it shall be well and whatever it is, it is nothing I cannot face.

And, who knows, maybe in that uncertainty, in asking yourself all those questions, in the middle of feeling lost, you find your footing and find something that gives you satisfaction and significance.  Who Knows?

 


Comments

  1. Wow, this is a great post my brother... I am surely gonna share it with my contacts.... Not to popularize you but to let people digest these truths in it!... Meeeehn, I love it to the core, your life as I have known it, just a bit of it, is a testimony of what God can do!... In the midst of lostness, we can trust that God is closer than any other time!... So, we trust the more!.. Thanks Andrew, and may God bless you more, to even give you more wisdom to say the truth with this boldness, even more!... Asante.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊😊😊 Amen. And thank you very much.

      Delete
  2. Woow this is great, Hold on , God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece indeed felt encouraged..
    It came at the right time in my life.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tells of the best of Women

  Our very first Date I have known this woman for the past 7 years, I have dated her for the past two years and I have been married to her for the past one year, four months and thirteen day, ( don't be fooled, I sort the help of a calculator and minutes of thinking) If you would like to meet an incredible woman, you should absolutely meet her. If you want to meet a smart and beautiful woman, you need to meet my wife. If you want to meet a flawed woman, damn right, you should look for her. If you want to meet a loyal and loving woman, my Eve should be your next meet. Every additional year she gets becomes first a gracious gift to me then to her. Don't get me wrong, it's just that she takes care of me more than she takes care of herself. This is her second birthday we are celebrating in Kilifi. The first was just a week after we had moved here from Nairobi. We just had a small "Fayaz" cake (I didn't even put a sad face, it was a terrible cake) with our very

The Rogue man!

  Rogue is definitely the right word to use here. First, because this story should have been written six months ago. Today is right to write¹ nevertheless, the "rogueness'"  (You know what? I can be sorry to English later) continued. I think I am just rogue. Absolutely abnormal in my own terms. Today, we got back from the church as usual. My man started the disturbance spree right from church. He didn't wanna sleep, murmurs, screams, squishes, joyful and sad sounds. That's B for you when he wants. He slept for a bit but woke up once we got to the house. My week was long. I traveled to Nairobi on Wednesday and didn't sleep or rest. Went for an event on Thursday and traveled back that same evening. I got to Mtwapa on Friday, rested for a few hours, and went to Kilifi. Merime ( www.merimespace.co.ke ) needed me. It's been a week! I am still tired by the way and all I wanted after church was to sleep. It's not that obvious or easy these days. The Man B is

Story za Ulezi

  I honestly struggled to get here and start typing. What is this dopamine that comes with scrolling? Is it the right or left brain whatever that produces it? I need to meet it and rebuke it in the name of Jesus! Weuh! Stealer of time! Crusher of writing dreams! Postponer of sleep. Shindwe kabisa (should be defeated completely)... Well, you know I had to mention why I got late to write. Scrolling! Puh!  Today was pretty interesting. I was reminded of a few years back when I was angry at an absent and passive father. Contexts can be long so I won't give it. My colleagues and I discussed something very interesting over lunch. It started with my colleague revealing that she was writing a paper on the effects of parenting styles on teens. I jumped to ask her to include youth and adults. Well, we all know how the parenting we received messed some of us up - big time.  I thought I had gone through hell. I think hers was a hell of 7 times more than the fire Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego