Skip to main content

The when and what....in the lostness

I am back so quickly...I think that is a great thing.

In my last post, I ended with sharing what is going on in my life - that I am leaving work soon and I am scared about it because I do not know what is next for me. Now, a lot of people, and especially the readers that know me, were asking why. Well…

 Permission to have some little fun๐Ÿ•บ. Let us get into their heads for a little bit๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ. I think I know what they are thinking, “this guy has a great stable job, earns some good money, has a good life and he wants to quit his job?” “Is he out of his mind?” I can almost tell that some even want to call or text and be like, " come on Andrew...this is a terrible move." “And with the whole Covid-19 thing?” “Do you have a plan?”

Alright, look people I have already thought about all that. And I thought maybe, this is a chance to complete or do I say build on the previous post?

So, let us get out of people's minds now. Let us talk. There are times that in the middle of the lostness and uncertainty and wondering what to do, we know that we have got to do something. Most times we do not even know what that thing is. I mean, we are feeling lost after all. Sometimes, you have a clue, or do I say clues? Because too much runs through our minds. But still, you do not know what to do or when to do it.

We spend time thinking and figuring out what is next. When is this next coming? For believers like me, we completely forget that there is a place and a person to run to - God. But wait a minute. Think about it. God expects that we rest in knowing that He has a plan and will take care of us. The same God who does not unfold the whole picture. Is not that interesting or even ridiculous. Yes, it is. Aaaaaah, God, wait, you want me to rest and not try finding what is next? But I need to. I should. I mean, how do I sit here and wait for your plan, God? But He says wait. Rest. Calm down. Relax. You will find the next step in that. Isn't that ridiculous? That in resting, in trusting we find the next step -we know the next step and we accurately take the next step (I deliberately used accurately) In resting?

 

Many of us, become some sort of Google. We search for answers. We search for what to do. For when to do what. (And I think that is okay, but it is not necessarily going to get us an answer) And just like Google, we get too many answers that all seem right, and we wonder which one to take. That is how we waste time. And stay in the lostness far too long. If we could just trust the designer of our path, the one who has been to our tomorrow, wouldn't it be much easier? The human being is not designed to carry his/her own cares and burdens. S/he is designed to rest and the only work s/he does is to follow the path laid for him already- by the designer but that is hard.

I hope I am helping. Let me tell you a story. After finishing my high school, I stayed home 30 days and started looking for something to earn because I knew if I did not then misery would find me and sit there with me. I did a lot of things even before I got to campus and when I was in campus. And then my time in campus came to an end. 2018, when I was doing my last semester, a part of me was worried about what's next but a bigger part of me rested in knowing that God has everything under control๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š.

 I trusted the bigger part more. But around me, were friends who were running around submitting applications all over the place and sometimes I wanted to do the same. But I did not. Do not get me wrong. I wanted a job after campus but even more, I wanted to land where God wanted me to. So, guess what? I made one application and I knew in my heart that this is it. And it was. Here I am. (I have to say, some of my friends got a job from the many applications. Maybe that was their path. So, it is okay, do as many applications as possible)

Look, I am just saying that in the middle of feeling lost and scared and not knowing what to do. There is always a part of you that knows or has a clue of what is next. (Most times, we end up just somewhere within something we thought and sometimes it is something we never thought about). We just do not give that part enough attention. We focus on the noise, the emotions, the anxiety, the trends - everything else but that small gentle voice. Oh, and I have to say, sometimes, that small gentle voice takes time before it comes. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ (not funny though) And then we have to wait. Hear me, rest as you wait because in that waiting maybe it is how you get ready for what is next. Most times, that waiting is God's way of building your capacity to sufficiently handle what is next. The waiting is never a punishment as we mostly take it, neither is it a bad thing. And many times, if we do not make use of it, the next thing takes too long – because how does He trust us with it when he knows that we are not ready for it?

Okay, I know I did not answer why I am leaving work๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰.  Say growth. Or looking for something more. Or sensing a turn on my path. And yes, I do not know yet what is next. A part of me is rested. A part of me is still listening to the noise and lost in the worry, uncertainty, and anxiety. But I know that the designer knows what is next and will not rest till He lands me there. Important to note is, sometimes we get, or God gets us into new territory, territories that we have never known. I am convinced that most times, stepping into the unknown, there we find the will of God. We find the purpose of God.

 

So, wait in rest and when the next thing is unfamiliar, unknown to you, uncomfortable, step into it because maybe you find God there.


Comments

  1. Mweni .. Unanisaidhia Habomu Sana. Thank You Brother... Your Blogs Are Just Perfect Answers For My Situations .. Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, mautu madzo kabisa. I am glad you are able to find answers for your situations. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  2. Mmmh an interesting read, so true; I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tish, thank you and I am glad you can relate๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š.

      Delete
  3. Woooww I love the piece thank you.
    Keep writing๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿค

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good!

    'Waiting is God's way of building capacity for you to sufficiently handle what's next' ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tells of the best of Women

  Our very first Date I have known this woman for the past 7 years, I have dated her for the past two years and I have been married to her for the past one year, four months and thirteen day, ( don't be fooled, I sort the help of a calculator and minutes of thinking) If you would like to meet an incredible woman, you should absolutely meet her. If you want to meet a smart and beautiful woman, you need to meet my wife. If you want to meet a flawed woman, damn right, you should look for her. If you want to meet a loyal and loving woman, my Eve should be your next meet. Every additional year she gets becomes first a gracious gift to me then to her. Don't get me wrong, it's just that she takes care of me more than she takes care of herself. This is her second birthday we are celebrating in Kilifi. The first was just a week after we had moved here from Nairobi. We just had a small "Fayaz" cake (I didn't even put a sad face, it was a terrible cake) with our very

The Rogue man!

  Rogue is definitely the right word to use here. First, because this story should have been written six months ago. Today is right to write¹ nevertheless, the "rogueness'"  (You know what? I can be sorry to English later) continued. I think I am just rogue. Absolutely abnormal in my own terms. Today, we got back from the church as usual. My man started the disturbance spree right from church. He didn't wanna sleep, murmurs, screams, squishes, joyful and sad sounds. That's B for you when he wants. He slept for a bit but woke up once we got to the house. My week was long. I traveled to Nairobi on Wednesday and didn't sleep or rest. Went for an event on Thursday and traveled back that same evening. I got to Mtwapa on Friday, rested for a few hours, and went to Kilifi. Merime ( www.merimespace.co.ke ) needed me. It's been a week! I am still tired by the way and all I wanted after church was to sleep. It's not that obvious or easy these days. The Man B is

Story za Ulezi

  I honestly struggled to get here and start typing. What is this dopamine that comes with scrolling? Is it the right or left brain whatever that produces it? I need to meet it and rebuke it in the name of Jesus! Weuh! Stealer of time! Crusher of writing dreams! Postponer of sleep. Shindwe kabisa (should be defeated completely)... Well, you know I had to mention why I got late to write. Scrolling! Puh!  Today was pretty interesting. I was reminded of a few years back when I was angry at an absent and passive father. Contexts can be long so I won't give it. My colleagues and I discussed something very interesting over lunch. It started with my colleague revealing that she was writing a paper on the effects of parenting styles on teens. I jumped to ask her to include youth and adults. Well, we all know how the parenting we received messed some of us up - big time.  I thought I had gone through hell. I think hers was a hell of 7 times more than the fire Shadrack, Meshack, and Abednego